8/22/13

Simoniz - Kinda NSFW!

Uh huh, 1937 LIFE magazine. Let's see what's in here. Toothbrush ad. Article on printing. Chevy ad. Crisco ad. Car wax ad with naked lady - a WHAAAAAA???????



If your eyes are virgins, look away. They're about to have their minds blown. If your mind is a child, you're probably one of those jerkoffs who insist on bringing your "therapy dog" on airplanes. But also, your mind should go look at something else because this ad is really weird and, well, just WEIRD. If you're at work, you may want to finish reading the post at home tonight, when you can more safely click through the thumbnail down below for the unedited version of the ad.

1937? Really? Nineteen THIRTY seven? I feel like I've misjudged you. After all, you haven't even seen WWII yet. You're supposed to be all prudish and uptight. I mean, this is LIFE magazine, which could be found on coffee tables of respectable families across America. This isn't Esquire, after all. Well well well! I guess I didn't know the whole story on you, 1937. Maybe there's more I need to know about you? Maybe you have some free time after the Great Depression, before the Japanese invade China? Meet me over in Switzerland. They're cool.

Click through the thumbnail to see the non-mosaiced version of the ad, but don't blame me when your innocent eyes come asking you all sorts of awkward questions, like "Where does car wax come from?"

Click for big and dirty.

2 comments:

Steve Miller said...

Polish THEM headlights!

PhilAreGo@gmail.com said...

BOOM!

Post a Comment